Elder Workman

Check back for news, photos and happn'ins from the field!

Monday, October 17, 2011

From today's email

This week was really good. There were a lot of random cool miracles that happened . . . .
For example, do you remember me talking about Casi and her boyfriend Matt we were teaching in Cougar Mt? Well before I got transfered Matt moved out and so I hadn't seen him in awhile. We had no idea where he was. But the other night right before 9 o'clock, Elder Hilton and I went contacting in downtown Bellevue. . . Lo and behold we found Matt standing on a corner waiting for his ride to come and pick him up! Before he disappeared we had a pretty good relationship and so he was pretty excited to see me. We talked for a good 20 minutes and told him how I had gotten transfered. I didn't think I would ever see him again. He thought it was pretty cool that I just happened to be in that area on that night. We got his phone number and he said he wants to still take the lessons. He doesn't live in our area but we gave the referral to the missionaries where he lives. It was really cool to see how God works through transfers. I am definitely where I need to be. I was a little unsure at first and really sad to leave Cougar Mt. . . but Heavenly Father showed me that he knows what he's doing. I also think back to that story that Elder Flickinger told you about his transfer out of Cougar Mt. That is a story that is still being talked about in the mission He is the man.

Also another cool miracle from this week. Last night we took a recent convert in our ward to a fireside at President Larkin's house on Mercer Island. When we got there I saw the missionaries who replaced me in Cougar Mt. They said that Casi and Sister Nelson were going to be there. It was soooo cool to see them again. Casi got up in front of everyone and shared her experience meeting me and Elder Flickinger and taking the lessons. She is getting baptized on the 29th. They had to leave early to get her little girl to bed and as they were leaving I went and talked to them for a bit. They are doing great and the missionaries that are there are doing a good job. Casi asked me to baptize her on the 29th. I am way excited for her, and I am so blessed to be able to perform the ordinance.

I love the bond that comes between missionary and investigator. It is indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment