Thanksgiving was bomb.. {"bomb" is a good thing} on wednesday we had a zone service project where we carved like 20 turkeys for the salvation army homeless shelter. Then the morning of thanksgiving, we had a dual zone activity with the Seattle North zone that we coordinated and put together with those Zone Leaders. We went to the institute building on the University of Washington campus and played B-ball, ping pong, pool, and some board games. It turned out really well. We were worried not everyone would participate and have fun but it seemed like everyone enjoyed it. Then that evening, President Johnson (Stake President in the Bellevue South stake) had us over for dinner. His daughter is in the YSA ward and so she invited us. And it worked out because I already knew him really well from when I served in his stake and when we had our weekly meetings together. His wife is a wonderful cook and so the food was delicious.
Also, Janet was baptized! It was a great service. Elder Hilton baptized her and I confirmed her on sunday. She is an amazing lady. We have already planned on a temple trip in a year. She wants to come to Utah and do it in the Salt Lake temple for the first time. I told her I would be there :) She is on fire and is so intune with the spirit.
Incase you are wondering Mom, yes I took pictures, I just can't send them right now.
Did you realized today is my 19 month mark? I just realized this morning when we were planning. I always say it and I can't say it enough... time is going by way to fast. We had a really spiritual meeting with Brother Jones the High Counselor over missionary work this morning. He was telling us about his mission in Italy and he just bore his testimony about how important it was to him. He said there is no church calling or church responsibility that he has had that even comes close to the importance of when he was a missionary. It was really cool.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment