Happy 2012!!!!
Time has gone so fast. When I think about this past year it is all just a blur... but a joyful and happy blur. Glad to hear you had a great new years. Ours was spent walking the streets talking to people. Most of which I think like to celebrate halloween everyday of the year.. or at least that's what it seems like. Then we came home and planned and were in bed by 10:30. I woke up probably around midnight to the sound of fireworks. I am not sure where they were coming from but since we live close to the space needle I assume it was probably from there. Our apartment is kind of small and there is a lot of mold that I am going to go to town on today. It'll be spotless after today though. Oh and we have to pay for laundry.. so any spare quarters that you might have would help immensely :)
Here is our Apartment Address incase you are curious: 2400 Dexter Ave. N. #5
Seattle, WA 98109
But just keep sending letters or packages to the mission office. I still get them just as fast
I have not sent my photo card yet. I was about to last week and then I realized that I was out of stamps. So we are going shopping right after this and I will buy some more stamps and send it off today.
I really love my new area a lot! It is awesome. Right now there aren't a lot of students on campus but school starts tomorrow so we will have more people to talk to than we know what to do with. There are so many people here we always are talking to someone. Last night we went to china town in downtown because campus was empty. We probably talk to over 100 people a day, but when school starts it will be more like 300 people a day.
Elder Bartlett and I get along really well. We have like the same personality. Did you ever figure out if you know his grandparents there in smithfield? We had a great zone meeting last wednesday. I am learning a lot here from all the missionaries we get to work with and serve and I hope I get to die in this area.
Jessica is still being baptized this saturday. She is super solid. She is like 28 or 9 and is dating a member of the church. She will be baptized saturday at 5pm.
We are the only companionship on campus who has a car and so we are always called to go give blessings in the hospital. Yesterday some members requested the sacrament and a blessing. We got there and it was this 16 year old kid who was playing with some kind of bomb and blew off his hand. It was really sad but the family was so grateful that we came and it was a cool experience. Don't play with bombs.
Anyway thanks for everything, especially your prayers.
Love Elder Workman
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment