To answer your question, Kent is about the size of Logan. And In case you were wondering, I am e-mailing today because it was transfer day today. Neither of us got transferred so we are really happy about that! Elder Gilbert gets to Kill Me Off.
You got my flight plans already?! I haven't even got those yet.. (we call them "Trunky Papers" by the way) that means I will probably be getting them this week :(
I cannot believe that this is my final transfer.. I think it is starting to hit me a little bit. After today, you only get 5 more e-mails from me... WIERD!!! That doesn't leave much more time to send letters and packages :)
This has been one of the best weeks of my mission. The baptism on saturday was so good! I baptized Stellyar, Elder Gilbert baptized Martha, and then we both baptized Mark haha. I baptized him and Elder Gilbert was in the font for help just in case he needed help since he only has one leg. It went really well though. We have grown such a great love for this family. It will be sad to leave them. They are so funny! I wish I could explain it but I guess you will just have to meet them one day.
On Sunday we had a member of the Lake Meridian ward that has befriended Mark confirm him, and then each of us did a confirmation. After, they stood up and waved to the congregation. They are so happy.
Our goal this transfer is to have something happen in the Lake Sawyer ward.. They need it. Both of the wards have amazing members who want converts.
This past week we finally got to teach this man we have been trying to teach since we've been here. His name is Justin and he's investigated the church before. He has 4 young kids and he recently went through a separation. He has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith already, he just needs to make time in his busy schedule to meet with us and to come to church. On monday night we went over there with what's called a baptismal calendar. IT has EVERYTHING that needs to happen to prepare people to be baptized. The whole lesson consisted of reading part of 2nd Nephi 31 and showing him the baptismal calendar. He is leaving town for 3 weeks but he committed to come to church when he gets back and to be baptized on the 28th of April... the last weekend of my mission. He is really cool but super hard to meet with. He wants to get his kids involved as well and at least 2 of them are baptismal age. When we told the Lake Sawyer ward about this family in PEC on sunday, they jumped all over it. The Primary and Young mens Presidents are going to go introduce themselves and the Bishop assigned a family to help fellowship him, it was really cool and we are excited to see what comes of it.
Also, the other night, Elder Gilbert was led by the spirit and told me where to drive and we found another SUDANESE family!! We weren't able to teach them but the dad said to come back haha. It was a cool experience for the both of us. We are going to start a Sudanese Branch pretty soon :)
Anyway love ya!
Love Elder Workman

No comments:
Post a Comment