Elder Workman

Check back for news, photos and happn'ins from the field!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Kidney Stone!!!

In his words:

So this week was pretty good up until sunday morning.... You will never guess what pain I woke up with early yesterday morning. It starts with a K and ends with idney stone.
Yep thats right... kidney stone #4. I was really hoping I could go my whole mission without having another one of those, I got a little over halfway.
It is a darn good thing you sent me some Loratab. It woke me up at about 5:45 and then I took a pill at about 6:20... THEN it got even worse over the course of like 10 minutes and I thought I was going to throw up, so I took another one and just started drinking a ton of water. After about a half hour it finally kicked in and the pain decreased a ton. So then it just knocked me out for a couple hours. E. Flick talked to Sister Larkin and she had us call the mission doctor. But I just figured I could take meds until it passed.
Luckily, I passed it at like 10am yesterday. So it only lasted a few hours. I'm getting pretty good at passing them quick :) Plus I kept the stone (don't even ask how I got it).

Part of an email from Julie:

I'm so pleased to know our visit was meaningful to you. It was an absolute, joyful highlight for us. I'm glad I got to share that experience with my son Joe. It was fascinating for both of us to see both ends of the missionary experience. It is a blessing to see you and him and know the whole story from both perspectives!

I was glad I came home when I did, as sweet Elder Workman was dealing with a kidney stone episode. He wasn't in pain, actually the opposite, when I saw him. Everything "worked out" fine and he's back in business. He's a real trooper. I happened to into the mission president's wife later that day, and she had been all over the situation, just like a sweet mother. He's very loved and cared for in the mission. It was comforting to me as well, with a son out in the middle of nowhere, knowing there is someone like her watching over my missionary.

[She has a son serving in Cambodia]!

No comments:

Post a Comment