Elder Workman

Check back for news, photos and happn'ins from the field!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Judd's FINAL email!

Dear Family,
 Wow, I can't believe this is my last e-mail. It is all just so surreal. There is no way it has been 2 years. The picture you sent of me seems like it was yesterday. I am not even sure what to say in this e-mail.. I guess I will just pretend like it is just another regular p-day letter :) We've been blessed beyond all measure these past few weeks. Michael was baptized this past week. It was awesome. He is going to be a great missionary in 5 years. Also we have another baptism this coming weekend... the amazing part is that it isn't the one that was originally planned for this saturday. We met with another part member family. This time it is a young couple who have one little toddler. Brother Gelotte has been a member all his life. His wife, Brenna, grew up around the church all her life. She even went to 2 years of seminary when she was in highschool. For some reason she just hasn't been baptized. She even comes to church every week without her husband because he works every sunday. When we first got here the ward told us about them and said that all the missionaries have tried to get her baptized but she's just not willing. We didn't think much of it at first and we met them but didn't set up an appointment. A couple weeks later bishop told us that he asked Brenna to take the lessons again and she said she wanted to. So we went by and set up a time. When we taught them we found out that she was just waiting for her husband to baptize her. She also said that she thought that all the missionaries in the past only cared about "numbers". So that lesson we didn't invite her to be baptized. After the lesson we talked to bishop and he said that Brother Gelotte could baptize her whenever she is ready. It turns out our next appointment fell through and another week went by with no contact. Then this past week we felt prompted to go by thursday night and they let us right in. We told them that we talked to bishop and that they could do it whenever. She got a big smile on her face. Then at the start of the lesson we just talked about baptism a little bit. I asked her if she would feel comfortable doing it this month. She thought about it for a little bit and then replied in the affirmative. So we invited her to be baptized this coming weekend and she accepted! We saw her at church yesterday and asked her if we could announce it to the ward. She agreed and told us that they have already told all their family and everything. It will be this saturday at 7pm. My final baptism. She also pulled us aside yesterday to say that her husband didn't feel comfortable baptizing her.. then she looked at me and said, "I've made up my mind and I want YOU to do it." I feel so blessed here at the end of my mission. I have spent the last week reflecting on my mission. I feel so inadequate and so un-deserving of the many miracles and blessings i've been able to witness and be a part of. I can't even describe in words my feelings. It has been an emotional roller coaster. We had zone conference this past week and all the departing missionaries had to get up and bare their testimonies. It was almost like my whole mission flashed right before my eyes. I couldn't hold back the tears. I have absolutely loved my missionary service. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but I never knew something so hard could be so joyful. I will be honest, I am terrified to come home. I know it will be good for me though. I am excited to see family again. Several months ago a General Authority came to our mission. Elder Edwards from the seventy. When he spoke to us he said, "Your mission here is Boot-Camp for the rest of your life. You don't go home FROM your mission, you go home TO your mission." So I keep telling myself that I am only being transferred :) This last week of my mission will be one of the best of my life. I know that God lives because of the things I have witnessed while in his service!
 "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have kept the faith:" -2nd Timothy 4:6-7 I love you all so much..
See you in a week!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Elder Judd Workman

1 comment:

  1. It was so great meet and getting to know Elder Workman. He made me feel so comfortable to get baptized. All the other missionary just didn't make me feel very comfortable about getting baptized. It feels great to finially be a member even though everyone in the ward thought I already was one. It was nice being able to share your son mission with him and getting baptized by Him too.

    Thank you so much,
    With Love
    Brenna Gelotte

    ReplyDelete