Elder Workman

Check back for news, photos and happn'ins from the field!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Poor Judd:

This week was really interesting. As you already know I had yet ANOTHER kidney stone. Count it, that's number 5. [5 total - 2 on the mission] I asked myself, why couldn't this have just waited a month? Haha but oh well it was another learning experience. This one took longer to pass than the one I had a year ago. It woke me up at 2am thursday morning, and I knew instantly what it was. I found my Percocet and got a big glass of water. I took one pill and 10 minutes later got impatient so I took another. I spent the next 2 hours either lying on the living room floor in the dark or pacing back and forth in our small living room. Surprisingly, I didn't wake Elder Gilbert up at all. Even when I fumbled in the dark and knocked over my glass of water haha oh boy looking back on it now it is kinda funny. The pain went away for about 20 minutes and I fell asleep on the living room floor, but then it hit me again so I took another Percocet. Finally around 5am I was able to go back in the bedroom and sleep for an hour. When it was time to wake up we said our companionship prayer and I asked Elder Gilbert to call Sister Larkin while I laid in bed. She got us the address of the closest Emergency Room and so we headed out and got there around 7am. They admitted me and I got a cute little gown to wear :) They put an IV in me for meds and liquids then had me do a CT scan and also a Urin sample. (This is when sister Larkin called you because I couldn't remember my SS# ..thanks for that by the way). after like 2 hours of laying in the hospital bed the Doctor came in and said, "Well, you indeed have a kidney stone in there." I wanted to say, "no duh..." But thanks to the medication my patience was increased 10 fold. They gave me 2 prescriptions and we were out of the hospital by about 10am. We went to Fred Meyer to fill the order and I think that is when I passed the stone (in the bathroom of course). So I didn't get to keep this one unfortunately. We just went home and I slept off all the medication. We were able to get out in the evening around 6 and I was feeling fine. My kidney is still a lilttle sore.. the stone must have caused some scarring in there or something. But, all is well. I am supposed to follow up with a Urologist this week but I'm not sure if I will, seeing as I will be home in a month. I asked the ER doctor if I would just continue to have them and he said yeah most likely. SO it looks like I have a long life ahead of me to start collecting some kidney stones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment